The Rome

by - Friday, March 03, 2017


This is my second time travelling to bangkok, and I had discovered a new themed restaurant - The Rome, which I'm going to blog today.

The Rome has similar concept with Chocolate Ville, but it is not as big as Chocolate Ville. However, its romantic theme doesnt lose to Chocolate Ville okayyyy. It has a huge replication of Colosseum and many good spots for photo takings.




The restaurant operates from 5pm-12am midnight, and it's very worth it to reach before the sky got dark because taking pictures with the existence of sunlight is veryyy important! :D So we left our hotel at 4.30pm sharp and reached by 5.30pm. By the way, do not underestimate the traffic at Bangkok, I did see people leave at 5.30pm and it took them about 2 hours+ to reach.




Oh, one thing, the place is not reachable by MRT or buses, so only cab can bring you there. There are many ways you can grab a 'cab'

1. Simply get a cab on the road
My research told me it gonna cost about 1100bht+- per trip. If you are rich enough you can just do this and it's very easy.

2. Uber/Grab which gonna cost you about 300-450bht per trip
- Uber and Grab are being used widely in Bangkok, it's quite convenient and easy to use. Other than MRT, we used Uber/Grab almost all the time. Anyway, we experienced two "memorable" journey with these transportation apps.
- One was from Don Muang airport to our hotel, the driver was actually very nice, he got down from the car and helped us to move our luggage to the boot. But at the same time, he forgot to pull up the hand brake, so the car was moving after he got down. We got shocked and of course notify the driver immediately, else it's gonna bang to the car in front even it's at a super slow speed.
- Second time was due to poor data connection the driver had, and it couldn't load his navigation apps, so he kept missed the turn that he was supposed to take. It was about 12.45am at that time, a 10 minutes jouney became 40 minutes -.- provided that we lent him our waze else it could take longer than that.

If you think option 1 was expensive, and 2 was not secure/dangerous/dont know how to use the apps, then probably option 3 suit you better.

3. Take up package offered by Tum Thai Agency
This was my option also because I wasn't sure what time would I finish at, and I was afraid that there's no more Grab/Uber at that area at night. The driver picked us up from our hotel and waited us there until we finished, so no matter how late you stayed, there's no worries for you to get back to your hotel.

-For 2-4 people, it costs 1200bht
-For 5-7 people, it costs 1700bht
-For 7-10 people, it costs 2200bht
These prices included everything, is a nett price from your hotel to The Rome. Even if you dine until 12am, price wouldnt change as well.

Wechat ID: naytum_pp


I think I'm a good travelmate this time because I did all the research and bookings on my own for my guimi :P I did reservation with them through facebook and you could reserve for the seats in the pool area. For those solo round tables, you need to have a minimum of 6 person, and there's no extra charges to book those seats.

Okay done with all the technical stuff, now lets get into food :D
Price range of the food and drinks was almost similar as Chocolate Ville,
Softdrink - 30bht
Fruit Juice - 75bht
Fruit Shake - 90bht
Beer/liquor - 120bht to 8700bht

We ordered a fried fish with mango something something sauce (lol, i cant remember), 420bht, TomYam Gong 280bht and Shrimp omelete 150bht. All of them tasted quite good, but if I could choose again, I wouldnt order fried fish but steam fish. Just preference matter :)


The most important place that you shouldnt miss it out here, is their toilet. Yes, toilet. It was designed meticulously and with air conditioner.







I am going to stop here with spirit of Rome. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments